Welcome



Welcome to Hi-Lites, Atelier Emmanuel’s blog! Every month, learn about the latest news, events and promotions and discover our services and beauty experts. Throughout, we'll also be sprinkling tidbits about care, beauty, and trends in the beauty industry. Scroll through, and if there is anything you would like us to add, let us know!


Monday, June 11, 2012

Aesthetician Alisa Goldberg

Alisa now offers skin care for Atelier Emmanuel
Skin Care is the newest menu offering at Atelier Emmanuel!

My name is Alisa and I'm very proud to introduce myself as an Aesthetician with Atelier Emmanuel.

I was born and raised in Odessa, Ukraine, where skin care is taken very seriously by women. From an early age, I was introduced to many types of products and practices for skin beauty. I also learned many home recipes for face scrubs and masks, which I hope to share with you in the coming months.

I've always enjoyed working with people. Helping them look and feel good has always been rewarding for me. With my early exposure to skin care, becoming an Esthetician was a natural fit.

Creating perfectly shaped eyebrows, brightening skin, clearing blemishes, advising people on the right skin care regimen— these are all things that I get satisfaction and joy from providing. I also like to research nutrition, as diet is just as important as the right skin care products for the health of our skin.

In addition to a full facial menu, I am available for free consultations to help you design a skin care routine and educate you about selecting the right products.

To get you started towards perfect skin, I thought I would introduce some care basics:


1. In the morning, wash your face with COLD water rather than with hot. Hot water can damage the blood vessels and lead to red skin. At night, rinse your face with warm water to open up the pores, then use a facial cleanser (Nettoyant by YonKa, is a good cleanser for all skin types). Rinse off with cold water if you can. If you don't like cold, make it just slightly warm.

2. PAT DRY your skin. Don't rub or over dry.

3. Sun block! Sun is our number one enemy when it comes to skin aging. Use an SPF of at least 20 every day before leaving your house.

4. Avoid smoking. Smoking damages collagen and elastin, which leads to wrinkles and larger pores.

Bonus tip: Washing with just cold water in the morning is enough. Unless you have problem skin, no need for a cleanser! You want the cleanser at the end of the day, to wash off any accumulated oils and impurities.

We'll go more in-depth in future posts!

I look forward to meeting Atelier Emmanuel's clients, and help you design a perfect facial to meet your skin needs.

Alisa.



Alisa has been an aesthetician since 2000. Her approach to skin care is influenced by the Russian approach where the skill of your aesthetician is paramount and the use of product is focused on their effectiveness. 

For Alisa, the ingredients for a good facial are the right diagnosis, the right selection and use of products, and the massage techniques used to help products penetrate efficiently. 

No comments: