Welcome



Welcome to Hi-Lites, Atelier Emmanuel’s blog! Every month, learn about the latest news, events and promotions and discover our services and beauty experts. Throughout, we'll also be sprinkling tidbits about care, beauty, and trends in the beauty industry. Scroll through, and if there is anything you would like us to add, let us know!


Friday, September 21, 2012

Academy Photoshoot | Nicole

Atelier Emmanuel runs an Academy for our apprentices, a sort of post-graduate training in the Old World style. Before we took a Summer break, we decided it would be fun to organize a photoshoot for them. The apprentices were given little guidance, other than that the shoot would be indoors with a basic backdrop. We supplied the photographer. They came up with the concept, model, wardrobe, makeup and, most importantly, the hairstyle.


Nicole: I immediately knew I wanted to focus on bridal and special occasion updo’s for this photoshoot. I love doing updo’s, and I believe that styling for weddings and special events is a part of the market that AE should tap more into. As we build this part of our business, I want to grow with it and be the go-to stylist that people want for their special occasion.

I'm happy with the results of the shoot. I feel it shows my skills in updos, and conveys my interpretation of wedding hair: timeless and elegant, yet playful and modern.



Having never done a photoshoot before, it was an interesting experience — especially because I had my sister as a model.  Directing her was hard. We're just used to smiling for photos, so it didn't come easy for her to make different expressions and give different looks. I also wasn’t used to how the model’s wardrobe looks completely different on camera than in real life. Next time I would pick outfits that have a little more flair. The plain white dress I chose didn't really work. We ended up getting rid of it and just using the sheer material seen in the pictures. 

All in all, the photo shoot was a great experience. For the next I want to focus on hair color, doing something which expresses seasonal trends.

Styling: Nicole Siri
Photography: Tara Arrowood
Model: Gina Siri


After graduating from Cal Poly in 2009, Nicole decided to follow her passion for hair. She enrolled and completed the cosmetology program at College of San Mateo. Nicole was licensed in fall of 2010 and immediately pursued Atelier Emmanuel for an apprenticeship. After 18 months of apprenticing, Nicole is now a Junior Stylist.

No comments: