Welcome



Welcome to Hi-Lites, Atelier Emmanuel’s blog! Every month, learn about the latest news, events and promotions and discover our services and beauty experts. Throughout, we'll also be sprinkling tidbits about care, beauty, and trends in the beauty industry. Scroll through, and if there is anything you would like us to add, let us know!


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New Stylist, Adrien Flammier

(Another) French Colorist Expert and Master Stylist Joins Atelier Emmanuel!


We actually recruited Adrien over a year ago, when he visited us from Paris. Coming from France it can take a while, of course, to get everything in order. Lots of immigration paperwork, retaking licensing exams on this side, etc... Tenacity pays off, however; Adrien and his family are settled in San Francisco and he is officially in place at Atelier Emmanuel!

Adrien has over 10 years of experience in the world of French haute coiffure, serving as hairdresser, manager and trainer at many big name salons like Jean Louis David, Franck Provost and Dessange Paris. He knows the full breadth of styling and coloring techniques. He has served as Lead Stylist and Manager and has participated in fashion runway shows and photoshoots.



What appeals to you about hairstyling?
The appeal of hairstyling was there by the time I was 18, just after finishing my general studies. I was attracted to women and feminine beauty, their unfolding through clothing, makeup and hair.

However a woman is, it fascinates me how we can transform her self-regard and therefore how she shows up with others. A hair style, color or a cut tremendously affect a woman's appearance. That's always the goal, and it's a new challenge every time. So I like that. I like that hair fashions change, and we have to constantly reconsider what we are doing and learn new things. I like learning it, and also teaching it to other stylists.

Of course, all this holds true for men, as well. But women were my first inspiration!

If I sit in your chair, what should I expect?
I enjoy what I do, so even above my professionalism, that's what shows: someone who's interested in understanding what you are looking for, and does it with good humor.

What do you value in hairstyling?
"Ce travail de mise en beauté de la personne." I'm not quite sure the best way to say that in English? It basically means bringing out the beauty of a person...

How do you describe your hairstyling?
Chic, glamorous. Extroverted: cuts and colors that are slightly de-structured without being too asymmetrical or extravagant.

How do you describe your personal style?
Like my hairstyling, I like things which are beautiful, and slightly out of the ordinary. I like fashion, dressing up just a bit avantgarde. My day to day style definitely shifts with the occasion and my moods, rather than having just one look. I'm pretty curious, like to look at people, get ideas from what they are wearing and blend them with my look.

What is one of your strengths as a stylist?
I'm very good with Balayage. I like working with blond in all its shades, tones and levels. Painting and playing with contrasts, creating shadows and light in hair is pretty fascinating!

If you weren’t a hairstylist what would you do?
Professional athlete!

No comments: